Friday, March 16, 2012
Gardening Quick Tip - Hanging Herb or Veggie Garden with Shoe Organizer
This idea is so clever and inexpensive and such a great space saver. If you are confounded by vegetable digging cats or love to garden but don't have a lot of space, this project is for you. This design was contributed by Instructables member pippa5 from Somerset, England. This idea is perfect for apartment or condo dwellers to hang on a balcony or in a patio.
- Hanging pocket shop organizer
- Pole and attachments ( curtain pole or pipe fittings, screws)
- Strong metal saucepan or utensil hanging hooks
- Compost of good quality moisture holding type
- Variety of seeds or plants... you can use herbs or vegetables
- 2"x 2" piece of wood as long as the width of organizer to keep the pocket bases away from the wall
- Plastic trough to catch drips if needed
You may not be growing squash or corn in these re purposed planters, but from the looks of it, you should be able to get a pretty impressive herb garden growing!
For a step by step DIY, check out: http://www.instructables.com/id/VERTICAL-VEGETABLES-quotGrow-upquot-in-a-smal/ Happy gardening!